Summer has officially drawn to a close. The kids have been back in school for some time now, and the weather is starting to get chilly. That means it's time for that early autumn garage clean-out! It's time to dig out those inflatable holiday decorations so you can get to 'em when the time is right and put away all that summer sports equipment. If you've got an RV, boat, or any other vehicle that needs to be put away for the winter in Pittsburg, KS, consider Countryside Self Storage!
While you're doing your cleaning, here are a few things you should NEVER store in the garage! If they're in there already, get 'em out and bring 'em on down to Countryside!
- Boats and Project Cars. They take up too much space. You need that space for the car you drive every day, especially during the cold winter months. Fortunately, there's always vehicle and boat storage in Pittsburg, KS!
- Wood or Antique Furniture. Changes in heat and humidity can do some serious damage to wood furniture, so get Grandma's old dining room set out of your garage and into climate-controlled self storage!
- Old Electronics. If it's an old CRT monitor or television, dot-matrix printer, or non-functional PlayStation, you're probably never going to hook it up again. If it's something you can sell or donate, do that. If it's not, take it to the next electronic recycling event in your town. If it is something you plan to keep around, though, the moisture and temperature fluctuations in your garage can knock it for a loop. If you're into vintage electronics, consider climate-controlled self storage.
- Wine. There's a reason wine is typically stored in cellars, after all. Wine is highly sensitive to changes in temperature, which can lead to oxidation that ruins the taste of the wine. Most of us can't afford dedicated wine cellars, though, so climate-controlled self storage may be the next best thing!
- Old Appliances. Just like the old electronics we already mentioned, if you've got appliances you don't use—from old microwaves to refrigerators to ovens— you'll find that they're taking up a lot of space in the ol' garage, AND the humidity in there isn't doing them any good.
- Bedding and Clothing. Once again, heat and humidity can do a number on clothing and linens that are stored in the garage, and when you're storing fabrics you also have to worry about the threat of bugs. Once again, storing clothes in sealed containers in climate-controlled storage is the way to go.
- Food Items. Whether canned or otherwise, any type of food, including pet food, bird seed, and even deer feeders that you may use during hunting season, provides an all-you-can-eat buffet for rodents, bugs, and other pests that you definitely don't want in your garage or in your self storage unit! Keep the food in the house!
- Anything Irreplaceable. If you've got personal documents, family photos, or anything else that's priceless to you that you could never replace, you should store it in climate-controlled self storage rather than in your garage. After all, if little Timmy's art projects got ruined because of snow melting off the car on a winter day, you'd never forgive yourself.
Whether you're looking for climate-controlled storage that you can rely on or just boat and other specialty vehicle storage in Pittsburg, Joplin, or Frontenac, Countryside Self-Storage has what you need to help find some extra space in your life.