What to Look for Before You Decide to Rent a Missouri Storage Unit | Countryside Self Storage
Need a little extra space at home or for your business? Fortunately, renting a storage unit in Missouri or Kansas is an easy process, and a storage unit might be just what you’re looking for. However, not all self storage facilities are created equal. When you’re trying to choose one over another, you might find yourself scratching your head about how to make your selection. That’s where we come in. We’ve put together this handy list of things to consider before you decide which Kansas or Missouri self storage provider you want to go with. Hopefully, our list will help make your decision a whole lot easier!
What to look for in Missouri storage:
- Inspect units before you rent, and don’t take anything for granted. Make sure that the units are clean and that they have hard floors, metal walls, and insulated roofs, even if they’re non-climate-controlled units. Check the doors and latches to ensure that they work properly, and make sure that everything around the place is in good repair.
- Check the entrance of your prospective unit. A low-profile entry makes it much easier to move contents into your unit, while some Missouri storage units may have steps of up to 6” or even 12” to get into them.
- You want to keep your stuff in a storage facility, not a salvage yard, so inspect the area for cleanliness and tidiness. If the facility you choose offers vehicle storage, be sure they require stored vehicles to be well taken care of.
- Drive by to see what the storage facility looks like on a rainy day. Is there a lot of mud that you would have to tramp through to get your stuff? Do the units leak?
- Check to ensure that the premises are secure. Fenced and walled perimeters, gated access, 24/7 monitoring, and good lighting at night will all help keep your belongings safer. The latter is also a convenience for you if you need to pick something up from your storage unit after hours.
- Speaking of visiting your unit, does the facility have staff on site? Does it offer convenient hours? With gated access, Countryside Self Storage is available to you 24/7, while our knowledgeable staff is ready to help you with anything you might need.
- When you need to clean out your unit, will you have access to a dumpster or other trash services? Ask to be sure that there isn’t an added charge to use these services.
- Finally, read the reviews before you rent. See what other customers are saying about the Kansas or Missouri storage facility that you’re considering, and bring any concerns you have to the staff or manager.
With five premier Kansas and Missouri self storage facilities to meet your needs, Countryside has everything that you’re looking for in a self storage provider, including secure and clean premises, plenty of options and amenities, helpful on-site staff, and more! To get started on your next storage project, contact us at any of our Pittsburg, Joplin, or Frontenac locations today!